My World Tutoring Before and After Child Care Center
My World of Smiling Faces Child Care Center
Children need healthy meals to learn. My World Tutoring Before and After Child Care Center and My World of Smiling Faces Child Care Center offers healthy meals every day. Although all children receive the meals at no charge, the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) will provide Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP) funds that support our nutrition program based on your child's eligibility. This letter is a request for you to complete the information on the enclosed Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefit Application to assist our agency’s food service program.
1. Do I need to fill out an application for each child? No. Complete one Free and Reduced-Price Meal Benefit Application for all children in your household enrolled in the same center. We cannot approve an application that is not complete. Fill out all required information. Return the completed application to: Shenna Reed 4516 Maple Rd., Morningside, Suitland, MD. 20746 301-806-3500.
2. Additional FEDERAL FUNDS ARE available TO OUR AGENCY for meals served to children in the following households:
3. I completed an application last year. Do I need to fill out another one?
Yes. Your child’s application is only good for one year. You must send in a new application each year.
4. Will the information I give be checked? Yes, your information may be checked.
5. May I apply if someone in my household is not a U.S. citizen?Yes. You or your child(ren) do not have to beU.S. citizens to qualify.
6. Who should I include as members of my household? Your household includes all those living as one economic unit, related or not (such as grandparents, other relatives, foster children or friends).
7. What if my income is not always the same?List the amount that you normally receive. For example, if you normally make $1000 each month, but you missed some work last month and only made $900, put down that you made $1000 per month. If you normally get overtime, include it, but do not include it if you only work overtime sometimes.
8. We are in the military. do we include our housing allowance as income?If you get an off-base housingallowance, it must be included as income. However, if your housing is part of the Military Housing Privatization Initiative, do not include your housing allowance as income.
9. My spouse is deployed to a combat zone. is their combat pay counted as income? No, if the combatpay is received in addition to basic pay because of deployment, and it wasn’t received before being deployed, the combat pay isnot counted as income.
10. My family needs more help. Are there other programs we might apply for?For information and referral forthe Food Supplement Program, Temporary Cash Assistance, and medical programs call 1-800-332-6347.
If you have other questions or need help, call 301-806-3500.
Shenna C. Reed
My World of Smiling Faces Family Childcare Center
6 weeks - 5 years old
(not in all day school)
4516 Maple Rd.
Suitland, MD 20746
My World Tutoring Center and Before and After Care Program
Children 5 (in all day school) - 12 years of age
My World Mentoring Program
Children 13-15 years of age
My World Special Needs and Education Program
Children 6 weeks - 22 years of age
School agers (5 to 12 years old)
Monday - Friday 6:30am-6:00pm
All Dayers (6weeks to 5 years old not in school)
9 hour blocks must be established.
Monday - Friday 6:30am-5:30pm
Monday - Thursday (Classes / Meetings / Sessions / Training)
Scheduled appointments only
by appointment only
Or use our contact form.
We adhere to ALL safety rules and guidelines. A mask must be worn at all times. 6 feet apart for social distancing. Wash hands often and use hand sanitizer when needed.
New information every month that helps you grow with your child.
like us on Face Book:
Local news for any information about school delays or early closures due to weather
Local News Information:
Arts and Crafts for family fun: